Saturday, June 3, 2017

Amazing Night! Lots to Come!

What an incredible night! I attended Martin Aurand's lecture "Architect Frederick G. Scheibler, Jr. and His Work in the East End," and it was amazing! I learned so much, and my dear Porter even made it into the presentation. I also got to meet Martin Aurand and have him sign my book!





After I got home, I made lots of corrections to this blog. Take a peek through. I'll be calling out updates and corrections in the coming weeks. Here's a big one -- it now seems obvious to me that Regent Square Rentals is wrong; the Hay street townhouses are not Scheibler's work.

Best of all, I got to meet so many Scheibler homeowners who are generously willing to share glimpses of their homes with me. STAY TUNED! The owner of 6349 Jackson Street already sent me some amazing pictures that I can't wait to post for you. I might get to visit the Hellmund House on Trevanion for you, too!

Until then, here are some photos I found of windows from the Miller House, which I blogged about here. How wonderful to see them restored and back in place as Scheibler intended.





I'll share something else with you that makes me happy. Here is a stained glass window from my own home, below. I don't live in the Old Heidelberg anymore. Now, my husband and I are in the process of restoring the beautiful but decaying windows in an 85-year-old home.

I would love to live in one of Scheibler's creations, but pretty details like this one remind me of his amazing work! This window is about to come out, and the stained glass will be restored soon after.


Stay tuned -- I have so much to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment