Tuesday, April 9, 2013

204 - 206 West Street, Duplex


Good Morning!

Porter wakes up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

In my last post, I wrote about the excitement of approaching a Scheibler building and knowing from afar which one it's going to be, because its unique whimsy stands out.

I walked right past 204 and 206 West Street because I never recognized this duplex as Scheibler's. The building has clearly changed since 1910.



You can still see a signature touch - the stained glass window over the doorway to 204.


I do hope that all the landlords who own Scheibler buildings will be kind to them.




Update on March 2, 2014: 206 West is currently for sale for $49,000. It was purchased four months ago for $20,000.

Here are photos from Realtor.com.




You can see the built-in china cabinets. This would be a very bright, airy room.

No comments:

Post a Comment